Apply to the Postcode Recovery Fund
The Postcode Recovery Fund has been created to support charities to develop innovative solutions that address the many issues affecting people as society recovers from the effects of the pandemic.
Postcode Recovery Fund will offer a total award fund of £3,000,000 for charitable organisations to deliver projects within Great Britain in 2021-2023. Charities can apply for up to £1 million for a project that addresses a systemic societal issue related to the pandemic.
We are looking for impactful and original projects that can demonstrate a clear link to the effects of the pandemic across the following six funding priority areas:
- Educational inequalities
- Domestic Violence
- Health and wellbeing
- Social exclusion and isolation
Full details are available within the guidance notes. Please read these thoroughly before applying.
Applications close at 5.30pm on 30th October.
Here you can find a word document version of the application form. Please note, we can only accept applications submitted through the online form, accessed via the Apply Now button above.
- Charities can apply for up £1,000,000 to deliver a project 12-24 months in length.
- Applications will ONLY be accepted from registered charities.
- We do NOT accept applications from CIC's, community benefit societies or other not-for profit companies.
- We do NOT accept applications from local authorities, statutory bodies or universities.
- We have NO formal partnership requirement. While applicants are free to work with partners if they chose all applications must come from a single organisation.
- Applicants are eligible to apply ONCE only. This restriction also applies to organisations that have multiple branches, e.g. different branches in Scotland and England.
- Please note that we have restrictions regarding income levels of applicants. Organisations must have an annual income that is at least two times the amount applied for.
- For example, if a charity is applying for £500,000 then their annual income must be at least £1,000,000 in their latest audited accounts.
- If a charity is applying for £1,000,000 then their annual income must be at least £2,000,000 in their latest audited accounts.
- There is no maximum upper limit regarding the annual income of applicants.
- Applications must be focused on supporting an area that has been highlighted by the pandemic.
- All projects must demonstrate tangible impact after 12 months.
- The minimum amount charities may apply for is £500,000.
If you have an idea for the Postcode Recovery Fund it is always worth contacting the helpdesk and seeing if your project is suitable before applying.
The Postcode Recovery Fund has a three-stage application process:
Applicants submit their proposal through a simple online application form. Applicants provide the following details:
- A brief description of the organisation
- A project description
- Details of the pandemic related issue the project will address
- Project mission statement
- The amount of funding requested.
The stage 1 application form will be available to access from 1st October until 30th October at 5.30pm.
The most impressive, impactful and original projects will then be shortlisted and asked to apply via a more detailed application form.
Stage 2 will be open for applications from 1st December until 18th December.
Stage 2 applicants will then be shortlisted further and the very best entries will be asked to give a formal presentation on their project to the Postcode Recovery Fund Assessment Panel.
The Stage 3 presentations will be held on 8th and 9th of February 2020. If you advance through to Stage 2 please reserve these dates in your calendar.
Successful awards will be announced in March.